The Ghana Prisons Service has warned the general public against dealing with middlemen.
In a public announcement, the Service cautioned potential applicants against “paying money to anyone except for the purchase of an e-voucher at the recognized banks.”
The sales of the e-voucher for application commences on August 25, 2021, and ends on September 15, 2021, while online registration starts on August 25, 2021, and ends on September 20, 2021.
All recruitment and enlistment applications must be done online only. The application process is as follows;
1. Purchase an e-voucher at the cost of hundred Ghana Cedis (GH100.00] only through the following medium:
a. At any GCB Bank Limited branch across the country or using the short code (USSD) “422 471# on your mobile phone.
b. At any Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) branch across the country or using the short code (USSD) “924*200 # on your mobile phone.
2 Use your Serial Number (SN) and Pin Code [PIN] to access the application form online at the website address: www.applyghprisons.com. All applicants must have a passport size picture of dimensions 200×200 pixels of JPEG/JPG/ PNG with size not exceeding 1.0MB ready to be uploaded.
Carefully read ALL INSTRUCTIONS before you apply.
The online application form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
Keep your UNIQUE NUMBER on the summary report for all the stages of the recruitment and selection process
ALL correspondence with applicants will be done through e-mail, text messages and the e-recruitment portal only.
Only Short-listed Applicants will be invited for further stages of the recruitment and the enlistment exercise.
RECRUITMENT AND ENLISTMENT PROCESS
1. Applicants who meet the initial requirements will be short-listed and invited to centres they selected during the online application.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for the following:
a. Physical and Body screening
b. Inspection and verification of all necessary documents
c. Aptitude Test
3. Artisans, sportsmen/women and bandsmen who are successful in item 2 above will go through a competency-based assessmentin Accra.
4. Applicants who are shortlisted after items 2 and 3 above will undergo a medical examination at a medical facility selected by the Service.
5. Results submitted during the application process shall be verified at WAEC and other appropriate examination bodies hence Applicants who present false documents would be arrested and prosecuted.
6. Applicants who are successful in item 4 above will go through a thorough criminal an background check.
7. Applicants who are cleared of criminal records will be invited to commence training.
1. Sales of e-voucher commence on 25th August, 2021 and ends on 15 September, 2021.
2. Online registration starts on 25th August, 2021 and ends on 20 September, 2021.
3. The Ghana Prisons Service wishes to inform the general public against dealing with middlemen. pay money to anyone except for the purchase of e-voucher at the designated banks.
For further information, please log onto the Ghana Prisons Service e-recruitments portal: Website: www.applyghprisons.com